Why Choose Us
WHY CHOOSE US?
We are registered with the Committee for Private Education (CPE) is part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and we have a 4-year EduTrust Certificate.
- We have consistently achieved a pass rate of above 50% for the AEIS and S-AEIS.
- We offer a safe and conducive learning environment for students.
- Our academic staff continuously strives to update our curriculum design to keep it similar to AEIS and O-Level Examinations, as well as consistently raising our assessment targets.
- We have a small class size, with a teacher-to-student ratio of 1:25.
Floor Area (square meters)
- We are managed by a team of education specialists.
Click here to view the academic board.
Zhicheng Private School undertakes to make the best effort to assist students in achieving the course objectives by:
- Providing a conducive environment for study.
- Recruiting teachers with relevant experience and/or certification.
- Keeping the lessons relevant by staying up to date on the respective exam syllabuses.
We believe that learning is fun. We believe that self-confidence in various subjects can be developed through systematic teaching and motivation.
- Encourage students to ASK why.
- Engage in the shaping of positive ATTITUDES in students.
- Exemplify learning by putting knowledge into ACTION with students.
Our Academic RigoUr
Our English Diagnostic Test accurately assesses students' English proficiency, and helps us to map students' development. Students are assigned to English classes that match their English proficiency level. Our course is designed to improve students' English language proficiency by one grade level every 3 to 5 months. Students who make significant progress are promoted to a more advanced class, and vice versa for students who struggle to keep up. We develop our own coursebooks in vocabulary and writing that are tailored to students who are learning English as a foreign language. Students are given extensive opportunities to practise solving questions, both in class and as homework. These exercises are critical to passing their external examinations within a compressed time frame.
We have a Speak English policy to encourage students to use English outside of their classrooms within the School. We encourage students to write in English through our Mass Essay Programme. We put up their essays around the school to encourage students to learn from one another. We award book vouchers to students who write well, who put in the effort to write, and who have improved in their writing. We also provide a library with graded English books to encourage students to read widely.
A school is only as good as its teachers. Over the years, our school has refined its pool of teachers to enable our students to benefit from effective and experienced teachers. All our teachers have at least 3 years of teaching experience while senior teachers have been teaching for at least 30 years. All our teachers have relevant degrees and qualifications for the subjects they teach, and some have master's degrees. Teacher performance is checked through periodic lesson observations. The quality and quantity of students' assignments are also monitored to ensure that quality teaching is delivered.